Power Automate Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your FlowUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  Data Transfer

Posted Aug 10, 2022 03:05 PM
    I am looking to setup a flow to sync data between a google drive location and an external SharePoint site. I wanted to know how the data is transmitted between the two locations so I can present it to my security team. I originally reached out to the Dynamics 365 team and they could not provide an answer and directed me here. Any information would be helpful.

------------------------------
    John Syzemore
    IT Support Technician

• 2.  RE: Data Transfer

Posted Aug 11, 2022 10:43 AM
    Generally, all PowerAutomate actions/requests are made via REST calls transmitted via HTTPS. This means that both your action request and the data returned are encrypted in transit. So from a security point of view, you are as secure as any other Web application/transaction you execute.

The real question, though, is how are the two systems authenticated? And who owns and has access to the two endpoint locations (Google Drive and Sharepoint). Those access permissions will need to be known if you are attempting to execute any secure actions. If the Google drive is a personal account, then your security team may take issue with you connecting outside of your secure application network to Google to get files(s).

Craig Yappert
    VP of Information Technology