Power Automate Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your FlowUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  Filter items based on Created "Today"

Gold Contributor
    Posted Jun 23, 2022 11:01 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello,
    I have a request to get all the items submitted today and send an email at the end of the day with the items displayed in a table. The issue I'm running into is that when I run the Flow at 11:55pm each night, my Get Items action doesn't capture items created today. I'm using this Filter Query expression and on Eastern Time.

Filter query with Expression: Created ge 'startOfDay(addHours(utcNow(),-5), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')' and Created lt 'startOfDay(addHours(utcNow(),-5), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')'
    See also screen shot.

I'm totally stumped as to why this isn't working. I originally had the Filter Query expression set to a slightly different expression - Created ge 'startOfDay(utcNow(), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')' - and changed the recurrence to run at 6PM ET. That worked, but that's not desired because some items may be submitted after 6PM ET.

------------------------------
    Beth Beck
    O365 Business Analyst
    Fort Myers FL

• 2.  RE: Filter items based on Created "Today"

Top Contributor
    Posted Jun 24, 2022 06:53 AM

take time out of the equation and format the date time to date only, and try filtering that way.

I think your problem is your filter expression has the same value. So it is impossible to satisfy the query.

Created ge 12:00am and Created lt 12:00

Created ge 'startOfDay(addHours(utcNow(),-5), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')' and
    Created lt   'startOfDay(addHours(utcNow(),-5), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ')'

Sam Duval
    Data Quality Analyst
    Element Financial
    Indianapolis IN