Power Automate Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your FlowUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  Mapping 'Select Multiple' fields in SharePoint

Bronze Contributor
    Posted 29 days ago
    I have a strange little problem that I just can't think of a good workaround for:

We have two SharePoint lists with identical columns. Two of the columns are Person/Group fields where there are sometimes multiple entities selected.

We're trying to dump the items from one of the lists into the other existing list. I thought this would be a super simple button flow with a 'Get Items' from the first list and a 'Create Item' in the second list, but the fact that these fields allow multiple selections introduces two additional 'Apply to each' boxes around the 'Create Item' and these error out (because they are running on an object rather than a valid array).

What's the smart solution here?

------------------------------
    Autumn Schuman

• 2.  RE: Mapping 'Select Multiple' fields in SharePoint

Top Contributor
    Posted 29 days ago

In your create item action, click the T icon on the right to switch to raw input mode:

Now it's in that mode, your dynamic content selector will only show properties that are of type array (or any)

When you add the person column here, no Apply to each loop is automatically created.

Will Page
    Technical consultant
    Christchurch, NZ